POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #2 : Re: Hypothesis #2 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 05:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypothesis #2
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 10 Jun 2009 13:59:30
Message: <4a2ff482$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/09 11:40, Darren New wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>> Because they usually hang around smart people. Classic case: A smart
>> graduate student feeling he's worthless.
>
> That too. I often mentioned how dumb some people were, and my wife never
> believed me. It wasn't until we got to where we were buying something
> for $12, with 60% off, and the lady at the register with the calculator
> couldn't figure out whether to charge us $5 or $7 that my wife finally
> twigged that there really are people who aren't too bright.

	Your wife's expectations are too high.

	I just point people to Verizon Math.

	Or a mechanical engineering prof from whom I took a course. He kept
insisting that mixing units in calculations is fundamentally wrong, and
can never give a correct answer.

	Even if you're consistent in how you do it.

--
"Hex Dump" - Where Witches put used Curses?

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl