POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #2 : Re: Hypothesis #2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypothesis #2
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Jun 2009 13:06:08
Message: <4a2fe800$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escreveu:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:50:49 -0300, nemesis wrote:
>
>> They
>> were downright forced by their parents to be prodigious child.
>
> There also has been research recently (I heard about on the radio) that
> also suggests that there is an innate ability, probably relating to the
> way the brain processes sound.  If Mozart's brain hadn't worked the way
> it did, he might've been a mediocre musician.

I'm not at all opposed to the view that people are born with innate
skills.  The account by Liszt parents and professors is that the kid was
simply in awe with the piano from a very early age and naturally went on
to try it by himself, not as pressed on as Mozart.

In any case, innate skill just make it easier, not that trainining is
not necessary.  Nor that someone lacking such innate skills will never
be able to gain proficient mastery by training alone.

also, I was trying to cheer up our friend... :P

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9