POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #2 : Re: Hypothesis #2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypothesis #2
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jun 2009 11:08:25
Message: <4a2fcc69$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> My hypothesis: I'm actually not very intelligent at all.

That would be incorrect.  Many intelligent people don't see how stupid most
people are.

> Basically I'm the sort of sad loser who will spend 4 hours trying to
> work out something, when normal people would give up and go do something
> productive.

You mean, they'd give up because they can't do it, and go off and do
something they're not too stupid to do.

> while any healthy individual would go find something more entertaining.

Nonsense. You were entertaining yourself, which is more than what most
people are capable of.

> In a directly related mannar, I'm beginning to realise that I'm not
> actually very good at playing music either.

Condoleezza Rice was recently on an interview I saw. She said she wanted to
play the concert piano when she was young. When she was 15 or so, she went
somewhere and saw 8-year-olds sight-reading music and playing it better than
she could after months of practice. So she figured she'd need a different
career.

I don't think she made a bad choice.

If you enjoy it, then you're good enough at it. I played music for years in
school, and I hated it. Be happy you've found something you can enjoy
practicing even if you aren't a natural at it.

> haven't mastered it yet.

So? :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)