POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Passion of the Christ : Re: Passion of the Christ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passion of the Christ
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Jun 2009 00:01:11
Message: <4a2f3007$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:03:04 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Truth is, there isn't a "nice" liberal Christian alive that doesn't
>> fundamentally deny nearly 100% of the OT, and gloss over parts of the
>> NT.
>
> That's a bit of a straw-man as well, since an example could be provided,
> but when provided it would be easily refuted by "no, I said
> *liberal*". ;-)
>
> Jim

Hmm. First word I came up with. Sadly, its pretty much, in the
vernacular of the people that use it most often in this day and age,
synonomous with, "Mostly sane, unlike us 'real believers, who hate all
the communist, liberal, atheists." Atheist, in their vernacular,
meaning, "Anyone not like themselves." Sure, there are "nice" people,
who don't fall into that category. Sort of... The one I know is an
evangelical, married multiple times to "rich" men, always borrowing
money she never pays back (she even declared bankruptcy in the middle of
one such "loan" on my parents), and never seems to have any reason to
even 'talk to' her "friends", unless they are a) buying something from
her, like dance classes, or she needs money. But, otherwise, she is a
very nice, relatively open minded, mild, person. The rule seems to be,
it doesn't matter how nice they are, they either a) secretly hate
everything about your life choices, but won't say anything "to you", or
b) they are se

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {