POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So ... when is "piracy" wrong? : Re: So ... when is "piracy" wrong? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So ... when is "piracy" wrong?
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 9 Jun 2009 19:20:28
Message: <4a2eee3c$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/09/09 16:38, Warp wrote:
>    Of course the irony is: If you record a TV program and lend the recording
> to a friend, that's legal. If you send it through the internet to your
> friend, you are breaking the law, because now you are publicly distributing
> it. The end effect is exactly the same, but in one case it's ok while in
> the other you are a criminal.

	Nope - not the same.

	In one case, while you've lent it, you don't have access. At any time,
only one person will have access to the material. In the other case,
more than one person will.

	(Not sure if that's what you meant, though).

--
Cut my pizza in six slices, please; I can't eat eight.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl