POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vendor relationships : Re: Vendor relationships Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vendor relationships
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jun 2009 17:45:06
Message: <4a2ed7e2$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:17:58 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> This is so true it's almost not funny.
>
>> http://www.vendorclientvideo.com/
>
>   I must admit I didn't fully get the idea... :/

The idea is that when a customer has a vendor come in, the pricing isn't
fixed, it's negotiated - and often the customer will use the promise of
future purchases to drive the initial investment down.  Sometimes they
use phrases like "this is my budget and all I can pay for" - they want
everything, but aren't willing to spend what the list price is.

That doesn't happen if you go to the movies or out to dinner.  You don't
go to a fancy restaurant and negotiate the price with the server - you
pay what's on the menu.  You don't offer to come back in two weeks and
buy more in exchange for a discount on your current meal ticket.

Jim