POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU : Re: The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jun 2009 17:25:57
Message: <4a2ed365@news.povray.org>
I don't know about the Swedish Pirate Party, but I really don't like the
attitude of the Finnish one.

  Basically their attitude is that anyone should have the God-given right
to copy and use any software they want, freely and legally, and that
software companies must not have the right to impose any limitations on
what people can copy and use. If a programmer cannot earn his living
because of this, then he should seek a job in a different form of business.
In other words, programmers have no right to demand money for their work
from the users. In other words, in their opinion *I* don't have the right
to earn my living by writing computer programs.

  This kind of asshole attitude pisses me off so badly that I will never
vote for the Pirate Party, even if I somewhat agree that music copyrights
have gone too far and should be alleviated.

--
                                                          - Warp