POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is why... : Re: This is why... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is why...
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jun 2009 12:28:22
Message: <4a2d3c26@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> On 06/08/09 07:10, John VanSickle wrote:
> > Darren New wrote:
> >> ... American politics will never surge forward.
> >
> > Thank God for that. The last time any country "surged" politically, a
> > guy named Adolph Hitler got elected.

>         Fastest invocation of Godwin's Law that I've seen!

  And IMO in this case it was completely uncalled for. It sounded like the
same kind of idiotic argument like "social welfare is communism, and thus
we must not succumb to it, like all those European countries", after which
you have cough medicine costing $100 a bottle (which in other countries
costs something like 10 cents).

--
                                                          - Warp