POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is why... : Re: This is why... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is why...
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jun 2009 12:07:24
Message: <4a2d373c$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> ... American politics will never surge forward.
>
> Thank God for that.  The last time any country "surged" politically, a
> guy named Adolph Hitler got elected.

Yep. I never said it was good or bad. Just that the system as implemented
here makes it hard to get votes from a handful of people and still have an
effect.

> There are no issues
> where both parties want the people to decide for themselves, because
> when that is the case, the topic is not an issue.

That's actually a very insightful way of looking at it. Thanks!

> If you are not consistently with one party, you will lose support from
> that party.

And that's why parliament systems tend to have somewhat wackier people
elected but each of whom seem to have less individual power.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)