POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : UK mains voltage : Re: UK mains voltage Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UK mains voltage
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 7 Jun 2009 14:11:20
Message: <4a2c02c8$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Doesn't make much sense to me. Normal healthy heartbeat is roughly 1 Hz, with a
> wide variation depending on circumstances.

True. That's what they told us at school (at electric line), but as I
mentioned, it was 12 years ago, so the image in my memory ain't the
clearest one. And, of course, the information might still be false
(wouldn't be the first false information collected from school). Maybe
the bit harder overstimulation might make the effect?

> Both 50 and 60 Hz are of course exact multiples of 1.
>
> I guess that if there is a significant difference in lethality, it's probably
> because at higher frequencies an AC supply provides a bit more actual power (if
> I'm not mistaken, that is).

The difference was something like 30mA vs. either 25 or 28mA, so it's
not big (and as mentioned, both are lethal even with even low currencies).

Why would there be more actual power with greater frequency? The
phase-angle won't change, the current won't change and RMS voltage won't
change, so U*I*cos(fi) won't change.

-Aero