POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : False "minimum system requirements" in modern games : Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 6 Jun 2009 19:18:21
Message: <4a2af93d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have noticed a curious pattern in many of the newest (and not even so
> new) games: They will often list as "minimum requirements" specs which are
> much higher than what would be sufficient to run the game. Especially this
> seems to be the case with the CPU.

In the earlier days the minimum requirements tended to be specified so
that the game/program would start, but wouldn't be anyhow usable.

I'd think that it's a question of responsibility. If the game-maker
tells you that this game will run on this (minimum) configuration and it
doesn't, they're responsible for it and have to return the money. It
might even be the slowest possible configuration they've actually tested.

-Aero