POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is defragging so slow? : Re: Why is defragging so slow? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is defragging so slow?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Jun 2009 14:39:51
Message: <4a2ab7f7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
>> And it flat out refuses to move things that it "could", if the
>> bothered to put in some way to copy a block of an "in use" file,
>
> I'm glad you know better than Microsoft how easy it is to do that sort
> of thing.

Not actually knowing how their mess works, I have no real idea what road
blocks they may have created to make it impossible, but at the same
time, we are talking about Microsoft here... The people that only
"recently" fixed certain bugs in Excel and other things, which have been
around since pretty much when the product "first" came out too. Tell me,
is the "some years Windows doesn't recognize one day out of the year,
because its code for most DBs/Spreadsheets/anything using dates of
calenders, is hard coded to think there will never be 4 Saturdays in a
month, fixed yet? And how long has that been around? lol

See, when some random 3rd party application, like MyDefrag can manage,
using the same API, what Microsoft has failed to, one has to wonder if
MS even *cares* that their version is, and has been, basically broken
from day one.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {