POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is defragging so slow? : Re: Why is defragging so slow? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is defragging so slow?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jun 2009 13:49:43
Message: <4a295ab7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Yeah! That's exactly what I need on Vista. :-)

Or not even that, really. If exec() would just read the whole file into RAM
in one blow, it would probably be 10x as fast. I should be able to start up
half a gig of executables in well under 10 seconds, and I'm pretty sure I'm
not loading that much stuff up when I log in. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)