POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! : Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jun 2009 12:25:02
Message: <4a2946de@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Surely to store, index and deliver every song in the world on each
> iTunes server is going to cost more than just the "locally selected"
> catalogue?

Perhaps. Probably not noticably.

You're also confusing "sell what I have anywhere in the world" with "sell
what anyone has anywhere in the world". If I have to go to iTunes Japan to
buy the song, Japan doesn't need a catalog of US songs and vice versa. But
it doesn't cost (technologically speaking) Japan any more to sell to me in
the US than it does to sell to their own customers.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)