POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! : Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jun 2009 01:37:20
Message: <4a28af10$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> It would be a big waste of resources (for very little
> return) to make available every piece of music worldwide that was even a
> bit popular to every country.

Not on the internet. At least, not if you discount the costs imposed by
countries wanting to collect their taxes and such.

It's no harder for me to download a track from Japan than the US, and no
harder for them to sell it, except to the extent they may need to go thru
the hassle of getting a US sales tax collection thing, pay US taxes on
income, and so on.  If the governments got out of the way and just taxed
their own citizens, it wouldn't cost any more.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)