POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! : Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
From: scott
Date: 5 Jun 2009 01:27:14
Message: <4a28acb2$1@news.povray.org>
>  I really fail to see the logic in this business model. If someone wants
> to buy a piece of music, why should it matter where he lives?

The logic is that the distributers tailor their content for each region to
reduce costs.  It would be a big waste of resources (for very little return)
to make available every piece of music worldwide that was even a bit popular
to every country.

What might be a good idea is a "no results found, would you like to search
international stores?", and then inform you that download times might be
longer because it's not coming from your regional server.  But again, would
it be profitable to set up such a system?