POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : interesting shape: CA, DF3, isosurface (284k jpg) : Re: interesting shape: CA, DF3, isosurface (284k jpg) Server Time
6 May 2024 06:45:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interesting shape: CA, DF3, isosurface (284k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 5 Jun 2009 00:20:02
Message: <4a289cf2@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> A very awesome visualization. Very cool. I bet if you got a glider gun,
> you could see the leaning towers. :-)

Thanks! Yeah, I should rediscover one of the large gliders I came
across. Pretty long period, might be interesting.

  > Speaking of which, I just posted "MakeDF3" to p.b.utilities.

Sounds like a nifty app. Do you know anything about writing higher bits
to a df3 file? Will 16 or 32 bits make for a smoother function in POV? I
tried to implement higher bit values based on what the POV docs said
about it, but didn't see any difference. I'm probably doing it wrong :)

Sam