POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Natal : Re: Project Natal Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Natal
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jun 2009 21:03:06
Message: <4a286eca$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> If they can get this to really work it'll be groundbreaking,
> I bet the demo is faked though.

The xbox (as in, the actual game) will show you a version of the demo that
looks very convincing, even to the extent that the character lags a half
second behind the actor. It shows the break-out clone and the painting program.

I'll agree the voice recognition is likely faked.

The one where you hand the picture to the video character and it says "Nice!
Orange!" I'd bet won't work nearly as well as implied either. But if it
does, wow.

It's still gonna whup the Wii. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)