POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : UK mains voltage : Re: UK mains voltage Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UK mains voltage
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jun 2009 18:17:40
Message: <4a284804$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Thus a wall socket is a really accurate and reliable 50 Hz timer.

In the USA, it's a very accurate 60Hz, but if it drifts at all, during the
last minute of the day, they adjust the frequency to get exactly the right
number of ticks in. Probably because of the alarm clock thing, if nothing
else.

It might need to be more regulated on three-phase wiring, and I don't know
if the frequency is different between the generator and the wall-socket
(altho I doubt it), so I'm not sure just where the accuracy is enforced.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)