POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! : Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jun 2009 16:51:29
Message: <4a2833d1@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   Isn't discrimination against customers based on their country of origin
> > illegal in most places? I think some people call that "racism" (even though
> > it's not the technically correct term).

> Now *that* would be an interesting lawsuit in the USA.  Especially since in
> most cases it's illegal to discriminate based on "country of origin" (i.e.,
> ethnicity).

  Yeah, certainly if there was some physical shop which refused to sell
anything to anyone coming from eg. the middle-East or Africa, that would
certainly cause a huge commotion and a bunch of lawsuits. But seemingly
online stores are exempt from this law, for some reason? Exactly what is
this based on?

--
                                                          - Warp