POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is defragging so slow? : Re: Why is defragging so slow? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is defragging so slow?
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jun 2009 15:33:21
Message: <4a282181@news.povray.org>
> Try this:

> http://www.dirms.com/home/docs/dirms1.asp

  No dice. Also that simply refuses to move those tiny files, and is unable
to defragment that one big file. I even tried to boot to safe mode and run
it from there. No banana.

  My C drive looks like this, without that big file and without the Windows
page file:

http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/c-drive.png

  I can't understand what those small files are. They are not marked as
unmovable nor anything special. They just are there, and no defragmenter
is moving them.

  (The master file table certainly takes a humongous amount of space.
Is that really normal?)

  Btw, this is how it looks after I restore that one big file:

http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/c-drive2.png

--
                                                          - Warp