POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! : Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jun 2009 11:43:38
Message: <4a27ebaa@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:
> Gee.  If I change my country to Japan and iTunes finds out that I don't
> actually, physically reside there, I will get into big trouble with them.
> At least that's what they say.  They'll block my account.  Dangit!  Now
> what?

  I really fail to see the logic in this business model. If someone wants
to buy a piece of music, why should it matter where he lives? Imagine if
this happened with real stores as well:

Customer: "Hey do you have this CD on sale?"
Salesman: "Let me see... Yes, we have it. It will be 500 yen."
Customer: "Great, I'll take it. Here's the money."
Salesman: "Can I ask you your country of residence?"
Customer: "I live in the United States, I'm just visiting Japan."
Salesman: "Oh, I'm sorry, but in that case I can't sell you this. You will
           have to leave the store, or I'll call the police."
Customer: "???!"

  Great way of making money.

--
                                                          - Warp