POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. : Re: Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
From: scott
Date: 4 Jun 2009 05:53:42
Message: <4a2799a6@news.povray.org>
> Really? That's interesting. So how do you explain the fact that I keep
> having to manually install it?
>
> Oh, wait - you probably meant it comes with Vista.

It's also an MS automatic update download for XP (and included in some XP
SP) IIRC.  So if you're in a company and have the updates managed locally
then it should be fairly trivial to push it out to all XP machines.

> The 25 to 30 minutes was just thrashing the HD back and forth.

Sounds like you were running low on hard disc space or RAM, how old was the
machine?

> In other words, it makes things easier for the developers, not the end
> users.

Making things easier for developers has a positive knock-on effect for
users.

Anyway, I would guess that most people have some version of .net installed
by now anyway so I doubt it's such a big issue as a few years back.