POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : They're still doing it... : Re: They're still doing it... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They're still doing it...
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jun 2009 11:25:50
Message: <4a2695fe$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> The add-on itself allows other websites
> to install possible malware (as I understand it).

It's software that lets you easily download and install on-disk programs and
update them whenever the server updates it. I don't know about recent
versions, but the older versions would go thru the whole windows installer
dance the first time you tried to use the program.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)