POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : They're still doing it... : Re: They're still doing it... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They're still doing it...
From: Doctor John
Date: 3 Jun 2009 08:14:08
Message: <4a266910@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Are you sure the quiet installation of the add-on happens by visiting
> a website, rather than it happening by you running an executable installer,
> which then silently adds the add-on to Firefox? I thought that the whole
> issue was that a Microsoft update, besides installing normal updates to
> your Windows system, *also* installed the Firefox add-on without asking.
> In other words, you have to run the update installer to get the undesired
> add-on, rather than just getting it by visiting a website.

No, I said the silent installation of the add-on happened when you
received your normal M$ updates. The add-on itself allows other websites
to install possible malware (as I understand it).
Anyhow, what me care? (c) MAD Magazine. I run Firefox on Linux so it
ain't my problem :-)

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei