POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heavy metal : Re: Heavy metal Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heavy metal
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 2 Jun 2009 16:16:46
Message: <4a2588ae$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>
>> I looked it up and was glad to see that it's still significantly less
>> expensive per weight than gold.  Of course you don't often use gold as
>> an ingredient in food (not that I ever cook with saffron either come
>> to think of it.)
>
> Goldschlager.

That exact drink was actually the reason that I put the word "often" in
there.  I suspect there's probably a few other dishes where it serves as
essentially a very expensive form of food coloring.

> Oh, and I do have saffron in my spice rack. :D

I've never quite been able to convince myself to buy any.  Someday I'm
sure I'll spring for it, but given that I mostly live on ramen,
crackers, and pb&j it just seems like a bit much right now.