POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : They're still doing it... : Re: They're still doing it... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They're still doing it...
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jun 2009 13:27:53
Message: <4a256119@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> I didn't claim that FF is perfect. What I'm complaining about is the
> silent installation of an extension that imposes (and I quote)
> > IE-style behaviour on Firefox users, specifically the "ability for
> > Web sites to easily and quietly install software on your PC".

  Are you sure the quiet installation of the add-on happens by visiting
a website, rather than it happening by you running an executable installer,
which then silently adds the add-on to Firefox? I thought that the whole
issue was that a Microsoft update, besides installing normal updates to
your Windows system, *also* installed the Firefox add-on without asking.
In other words, you have to run the update installer to get the undesired
add-on, rather than just getting it by visiting a website.

--
                                                          - Warp