POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Big numbers : Big numbers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Big numbers
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Jun 2009 11:59:42
Message: <4a254c6e@news.povray.org>
OK, so let's have some random facts! According to Wolfram|Alpha, we have

   Age of the universe = 4.32 x 10^17 seconds

   Size of the (observable) universe = 8.8 x 10^26 meters

   Content of the universe = 10^80 atoms

(I can't seem to find an estimate for the number of subatomic particles
in the universe. Since the universe is 75% H, 23% He and only 1% O, I
guess there isn't going to be a huge difference - unless you count
non-matter particles like photons, etc.)

I can't actually find anything as big as 10^100.