POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:40:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: scott
Date: 2 Jun 2009 05:37:07
Message: <4a24f2c3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Of course you can, but it's usually by some contrived method
>
>  I wouldn't consider cropping an image "contrived", but whatever.

How do you work out what to type in for +w and +h to start with?  YOu need
to go and find the correct camera block for the render, which is often not
trivial for complex scenes due to multiple cameras being defined in
different files.  Then you need to wait for the render, and start up a
separate image editing program.  Is all that really necessary when you just
want to put the image on your desktop?  It certainly seems unnecessary to
me.