POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
19 May 2024 11:37:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: scott
Date: 29 May 2009 06:06:06
Message: <4a1fb38e@news.povray.org>
>> Of course not, but using eg "hfov" instead of "angle" means you don't
>> even
>> need to open the documentation to realise what it is setting.
>
>  And exactly how would you even know about the "hfov" keyword without
> reading the documentation?

Because it comes in the default camera block? (Insert -> Camera -> ...) or
has been already written in a scene you are looking at?  The benefit then is
that you can be pretty sure what it means straight away without needing to
look it up in the documentation.  That's why we use meaningful keywords, so
you don't have to look up everything.  Otherwise we could just use random
sequences of letters!