POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD for the win : Re: XKCD for the win Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD for the win
From: Invisible
Date: 29 May 2009 03:55:23
Message: <4a1f94eb$1@news.povray.org>
>> 1. Hmm, OK. So the PC finally has text-to-speach capabilities, a
>> facility that the Amiga had 15 years ago. Interesting.
>
>   You can't be seriously claiming that you have never heard of any
> text-to-speech software for the PC before this.

Well, considering that the Amiga did it 15 years ago, and it wasn't
exactly a "new" idea then... it seems logical that such software must
exist for the PC somewhere. I've just never seen (heard?) it.

(Much like, logically, there must exist software for the PC that enables
you to typeset music property, but I've yet to find it. Unless you count
all those insane TeX extensions...)