POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
7 May 2024 03:10:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2009 03:55:22
Message: <4a1f94e9@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> The current default behaviour means that if you want to render someone elses
> scene for your desktop wallpaper or to print out, you have to search through
> their code for the right camera block and make some changes, I can't even
> remember the number of times I have had to search through and put in some
> "image_width/image_height" statement.

  If the author didn't put such a statement in their camera block, then
maybe the author didn't even intend for the image to be rendered in other
aspect ratios?

  And if you really want to censor part of the image so that it will fit
your screen, then how about rendering it with the intended aspect ratio
and the width of your screen, and then clip it with image editing software?
At least that way you have more control over what you are censoring.

--
                                                          - Warp