POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
7 May 2024 21:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: scott
Date: 29 May 2009 03:46:03
Message: <4a1f92bb@news.povray.org>
>  That might have been a minor, secondary point. The main point was that
> the current default camera behavior should be changed. *That* is what I
> disagreed with.

The current default behaviour means that if you want to render someone elses
scene for your desktop wallpaper or to print out, you have to search through
their code for the right camera block and make some changes, I can't even
remember the number of times I have had to search through and put in some
"image_width/image_height" statement.  Is this really the best thing for the
default behaviour?  IMO the default behaviour should mean the least work for
what is most common, ie if you actually *want* non-square pixels you should
have to go and fiddle with the code.