POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Objects interacting with photons / Laser : Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser
From: BobH
Date: 28 May 2009 10:07:24
Message: <4a1e9a9c$1@news.povray.org>
Maybe you've had better luck than me, I went back to this trying for a good
render because I'm using the new version 3.6.2.

There's some kind of artifact (or artefact) making a line parallel to the
beam of light, divides the part inside the glass.

Changed the light falloff to 0.25 thinking it was radius=falloff causing it,
and adding 'parallel' to the light made no difference.
I didn't try every possibility but increasing media samples some and upping
the global photons media to 1000,10 sure didn't fix that. Removed the
fragmenting you had seen when I used higher numbers anyway (I was doing
small quick renders before).

Just thought I'd mention the strange line in the glass. Maybe it just needs
extreme tweaking on the numbers...?