POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Objects interacting with photons / Laser : Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser
From: BobH
Date: 27 May 2009 21:19:50
Message: <4a1de6b6$1@news.povray.org>
"Nurwodah" <Nur### [at] webde> wrote in message
>> I see, yeah, try something like media 200,10 for the global photons and
>> maybe that will be okay.
>> You might also need to make 'spacing' a fraction smaller, the exit beam
>> is
>> fuzzy.
>> Checking that, I had to use media 300,10 with spacing 0.005 or else the
>> fragmenting occurs again.
>
> ok, so this is about trial & error.

Usually is for me. Moreso with photons. I have enough trouble getting media
alone to look the way I want.
;)
>> Funny thing, I hadn't realized the two medias (both boxes) wouldn't be
>> needed-- unless you were going to have different ones, of course.
>
> Yeah, I figured out that when I realized the beam inside the glass thing
> appearing about twice as bright as in the surrounding area, the scattering
> values probably just sum.

Mixing media containers can be a real challenge. I thought maybe you were
wanting a different kind of substance eventually for the refractive object.
I just ignored the fact it didn't need to have anything but the one
room-filling media until you posted that second time without it. Otherwise I
might have suggested removing that, and possibly thought wrong by doing so.
:)
> thanks again

Glad I could help!