POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Objects interacting with photons / Laser : Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser
From: BobH
Date: 27 May 2009 10:26:49
Message: <4a1d4da9@news.povray.org>
"Nurwodah" <Nur### [at] webde> wrote in message

> If I use the following source for rendering, I get a rather strange image:
> After passing the glass block and being refracted/reflected/absorbed
> correctly,
> the laser beam changes into a dotted line, that looks very much like some
> interference pattern.

Just got a look at this before going out the door.

I see, yeah, try something like media 200,10 for the global photons and
maybe that will be okay.
You might also need to make 'spacing' a fraction smaller, the exit beam is
fuzzy.
Checking that, I had to use media 300,10 with spacing 0.005 or else the
fragmenting occurs again.

Funny thing, I hadn't realized the two medias (both boxes) wouldn't be
needed-- unless you were going to have different ones, of course.

Bob