POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rewards : Re: Rewards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rewards
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 May 2009 17:04:12
Message: <4a1c594c$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:25:25 -0400, clipka wrote:

> Talking about mentally small cheques: Did you hear about the peple who
> got mail that they owed a company $0,00 - and every attempt to settle
> that debt failed, because... well, how'd you pay $0,00 :P
>
> Some guy finally wrote them a letter claiming to have enclosed the $0,00
> in cash ;)

I hadn't heard that one before.  :-)

My second publisher cut my first cheque for $1.86; they won't do that
anymore, if it's less than $25, they roll it forward until the
accumulated total is > $25.

(First publisher never actually cut me any cheques after the advance -
the book didn't actually make the advance back).

The $1.86 cheque is in a frame on one of the bookcases here in my
office. :-)

Jim