POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rewards : Re: Rewards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rewards
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 May 2009 16:04:35
Message: <4a1c4b53$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Or "we'll forego some of our profit to get rid of this stock we're
> paying rental space to hold, so we can put something more popular there."

That's slightly different. If something isn't selling too well, or if
it's last season's product or something, they'll maybe do a "clearance".
But plain tins of baked beans, they always have those in stock. The 10%
off isn't to help them get the shelf space back; it's to make you buy
more of them.

Random fact: Last time my sister came to stay at our house, she
discovered *sixty eight* packs of tea in the building. I'm talking about
the big packs that last half a year. Basically when they're on sale, my
mum buys as many as will fit in the trolly (or maybe takes two trollies
- I am *not* kidding!) and stockpiles them. When they're not on special
offer, she doesn't buy any.

For tea it works. For, say, icecream... not so much. But she hasn't
worked that part out yet.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/