POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 26 May 2009 15:51:01
Message: <4a1c4825$1@news.povray.org>
Phoenex wrote:

> Question: In previous speed tests? It was used ISAAC? Or ISSAC64?
> It seems to me that was used to ISSAC.
> Also, KISS is different from KISS64.
> I would like to see the tests of speed compared only with the the algor
ithms:

> KISS64
	That's the one I used.

> ALVO ( (int) Like the original idea )
	Since we've seen that the results vary widely from platform to
platform, I believe that it is interesting to look at several
implementations. Note that the mathematical formula you gave in your
first post corresponds with the "floor" implementation. I have no
idea what exactly the TurboBasic "INT" function does and what's the
closest C equivalent.

> ISSAC64
	No idea. I took Warp's implementation as is, so I don't know if
it's ISAAC or ISSAC64.

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr