POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rewards : Re: Rewards Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rewards
From: scott
Date: 26 May 2009 08:41:35
Message: <4a1be37f$1@news.povray.org>
> Hmm, yes... Just recently T-Mobile seem to have sent me quite a few text
> messages about various "hey, if you spent a certain amount of money in a
> certain way, we'll give you some free stuff that you can only use under
> certain conditions" type of offers.

Luckily for me I guess they realise that sending those sorts of messages to
people on business tarifs is pointless :-)

> Some poor saps will buy just one, and get stung for the cost of 2 even
> though they only bought one. And everybody else will buy 2, and pay the
> normal price for them anyway. And the shop gets to crow about how their
> "brilliant offers" save you money. <insert cynical remarks about the
> manipulation of the population here>

When I was living in the UK I got a message from Vodafone telling me that I
should sign up "for free" to their "passport" service, which meant while
abroad I got cheaper calls or something.  Anyway I thought why not if it's
free, so I phoned up to activiate the service (as it instructed you to do
so) and was told I needed to upgrade my account first (obviously this new
tarif cost twice my current tarif).  After a few back-and-to arguments about
how this wasn't actually free for me I hung up :-)