POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature request: nonlinear scaling : Re: Feature request: nonlinear scaling Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request: nonlinear scaling
From: Chambers
Date: 25 May 2009 13:27:17
Message: <4a1ad4f5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom_no_underscores> wrote:
>> The only way to support this is to use nonlinear lines.  It would
>> certainly allow some interesting distortions, but I'm not sure how
>> useful it would be in general when isosurfaces already give us
>> equivalent functionality.
>
>   Isosurfaces don't really give equivalent functionality because you can't
> model everything with isosurfaces.

To clarify: Isosurfaces give us equivalent functionality to the original
nonlinear scaling request.

Other than that, I'd be interested in hearing what finite primitives
cannot be modeled with isosurfaces?

(And the only reason you can't model an infinite primitive is because it
must be bound by a finite shape).

--
Chambers