POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer science : Re: Computer science Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer science
From: Darren New
Date: 25 May 2009 12:52:06
Message: <4a1accb6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   How about math? When was the last time you were in a math class where
> they discussed a *real-world* example, rather than a simplified artificial
> example?

Well, math isn't "real world", so I'm not entirely sure what you refer to.

Unless what you're saying is they don't teach real-world examples of
applying sufficient math to the real world to get real-world useful results?
I.e., they cover math that's too simple to be isomorphic to the real world
behavior of stuff? Stuff like (as your examples suggest) showing the fourier
transform, but not how it works on a real noisy and non-infinite sample?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)