POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer science : Re: Computer science Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer science
From: Darren New
Date: 25 May 2009 12:47:47
Message: <4a1acbb3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> It wasn't until University that we solved that one with
> deformation of the surfaces and roughness.

That sounds pretty awesome. We never got quite *that* far. I think our
experiments weren't so precise we had to worry about anything more funky
than the total rolling friction of the cars. We didn't calculate the
deformation of the track or anything like that.

Altho I do remember that at one time I knew how to calculate the speed of
light given the mass and charge of an electron, and why it worked that way.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)