POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available : Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
1 May 2024 19:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
From: BobH
Date: 25 May 2009 12:21:12
Message: <4a1ac578@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:4a1a8d32@news.povray.org...
> BobH wrote:
>> Program. A "jaggy" perimeter causing an ugly gray and black edge. Well,
>> ugly
>> compared to the new 3.7 one and compared to most other programs.
>
> This should be fixed now. Please try again, filename is now:
>
>  http://www.povray.org/temp/POVWin-v3.62.msi
>
> Unless problems crop up I intend this to be the actual release (hence no
> RC
> suffix).

Looks good! The install asked me to uninstall the previous one so that
answers a question I was wondering as to whether or not a backup was
possible same as earlier 3.6 installs. Guessing the idea is clean installs
only...?

Got to say it... program and scene file location is bothersome to me.
Going into the desktop shortcut and running a file from there or dragging it
into POV does okay, yes, but when trying to open a file from within POV it
wants to go elsewhere and the hidden scenes location is lost. I presume this
is in part due to the install finding the file open location where 3.6.1c
was last at.

This is worsened by Vista not allowing folder and file view settings to be
changed (same as what happened in Windows 7) so getting to the new location
is impossible at first. I thought maybe having a file opened from the
desktop shortcut would update the File|Open but it didn't.

I'm sure this particular aspect would be good to hear observations from
other people not just me.

I've only tried several renders, all seems right so far.

Bob