POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available : Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
1 May 2024 19:36:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
From: BobH
Date: 24 May 2009 18:43:56
Message: <4a19cdac$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:4a193ca8$1@news.povray.org...
> BobH wrote:
>> You did say in Vista it will go into the user profile... I'm in Windows 7
>> RC
>> (build 7100) and I thought it might be the same way you have it for the
>> POV-Ray beta
>
> Nope, it was too much work to split the program locations in v3.6

Ok, just wasn't sure what was meant before.

> It does create a shortcut to the scene files on the desktop

Yep, got that... :) wondering if naming it 3.6 instead of 3.62 might confuse
people.

>> BTW the old POV-Ray icon sure would look better if done like the beta,
>> smooth alpha AA. I use the appearance difference to my advantage, of
>> course,
>> but I guess we will need to keep them both different and nice-looking...?
>
> Which icon didn't come out well? The program itself, the shortcuts, or the
> menu items?

Program. A "jaggy" perimeter causing an ugly gray and black edge. Well, ugly
compared to the new 3.7 one and compared to most other programs.
Main point being different icons will be needed or else there's no visual
cue to know which is which, not that it matters if a previous 3.6 version is
present.
Maybe you don't need to see them but I'll post at p.b.i  those two icons
from my Vista's recent programs list.

Oh, and install into Vista went perfectly fine just haven't checked actual
changes yet. No news will be good news on that.

Bob