POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A wonderful example... : Re: A wonderful example... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A wonderful example...
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 24 May 2009 13:55:48
Message: <4a198a24$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I honestly can't understand why.
>
>   Yes, if the post is of the type "my favorite thing X is so cool and
> much better than yours", then it would be irritating. But why would a
> "hey, I found out this really cool thing about my favorite thing X" be
> irritating or taunting? You are simply showing enthusiasm about a hobby
> of yours and sharing your findings with others. Maybe others will also
> discover the wonders of that hobby as well that way. Why is that a bad
> thing?

	Can't really say anything beyond "I disagree". The point is that this
isn't a science, and what may be irritating to one need not be to
others, nor need it imply intent to irritate. I prefer to give the
benefit of the doubt.

>> Kind of like someone coming every once in a while and posting why he
>> likes intelligent design so much.
>
>   Making posts praising ID is inherently inflammatory because there's
> always an implied accusation that anyone who believes in science and the
> theory of evolution is misguided and delusional. I count that as a "my
> thing X is much better than yours" type of posting.

	That's an assumption I don't share.

--
Mary had a little lamb, a little beef, and a little ham.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl