POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 24 May 2009 10:55:53
Message: <4a195ff9$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> What's the processor clock of your P4?
>
>   3.4 GHz.

	The Core2 I used for these tests runs at 1.8GHz. So we already have
a factor of two here.

	What version of gcc are you using? If it's more recent than 4.2.3,
it might be optimizing some computations away. You should retry with
the latest source code I posted (at 11am French time), which is the
one I used on the Core2. I'll try the old code on the Core2 later
this evening when it's cooler (currently at 27°C and rising, I don't

want to start my laptop in these conditions...)

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr