POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available : Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
2 May 2024 07:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
From: BobH
Date: 24 May 2009 00:40:56
Message: <4a18cfd8$1@news.povray.org>
Um, I will say great thing first and thank you Chris.

You did say in Vista it will go into the user profile... I'm in Windows 7 RC
(build 7100) and I thought it might be the same way you have it for the
POV-Ray beta, going into the documents folder with a POV-Ray parent folder
in there.
This install turned out like earlier P-R betas and went into AppData\roaming
so the scene files are hidden away. Hopefully not something to do with
already having the old 3.6.1c in Program Files.

BTW the old POV-Ray icon sure would look better if done like the beta,
smooth alpha AA. I use the appearance difference to my advantage, of course,
but I guess we will need to keep them both different and nice-looking...?
;)

P.S.
I had looked at the install log when asked and noticed at the end it
mentions a reboot = yes. Nothing asked or happened at the end so I restarted
Windows 7 but before I did I found the Explorer (user folders and files)
wasn't allowing me to change settings to show hidden files. Also a padlock
over the user name icon. Could be my ineptitude about this particular thing
but thought I better mention it.

Bob