POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delusions : Re: Delusions Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delusions
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 May 2009 16:25:37
Message: <4a185bc1$1@news.povray.org>
>> Apparently numerous people made the suggestion that we let Fathead go...
>> but unsurprisingly, that didn't happen. (I imagine is salary alone would
>> bring us back to break-even. :-P But he's good at all the management
>> power-speak, so that's that.)
>
> That's a shame.  While it's possible to empathize with the boss if let
> go, that doesn't mean that such a move can't be a good thing for those
> left behind when the boss is a poor leader..

As far as we can tell, Fathead doesn't give a fig what happens to the
company. Being the "site manager" looks good on his CV, and he gets a
big fat pay cheque. Beyond that... he doesn't give a damn.

I find it particularly inappropriate to be walking round the building
whistling cheerfully while people are breaking down in tears because
they just lost their income.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/