POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delusions : Re: Delusions Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delusions
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 May 2009 18:03:54
Message: <4a17214a$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 22 May 2009 15:30:54 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Invisible wrote:
>> What new twists will unfold today? Only time will tell.
>
> Well, well... Four people no longer work here. Two of them are brand
> new, two of them have been here longer than I have. None were especially
> crucial. (Two were part-time, one was a trainee project manager who,
> quite frankly, was rubbish anyway, and the last was just another lab
> bod.)
>
> I am *kind* of annoyed at having spent an entire day fixing a PC for a
> guy who no longer works here. :-P

Well, it's better than being idle and having management think that
because you're idle, you're not needed. :-)

Seriously, layoffs are never fun, not for those who are let go, nor for
those who are left behind.  I've been through far too many over the years
and seen some very good people let go (and some not so good people kept
for some bizarre reason).

Jim

Jim